Monday, November 3, 2008

Holidayssss

So it looks like Mondays are the best day for me to write. It's the only day of the week that I have nothing going on, so I get to slow down and actually have free time. I think last night was only the 2nd time in two weeks that I was home at 7 p.m., I've had so much going on every day of the week, which is exactly how I like it. But the down time is nice from time to time.

Today I must schedule an oil change, apply online for substitute teaching, clean up around the apartment, and nail down the final details for a bonfire on Saturday. And tonight, I'm hanging with Collin and Ian, as we are going over our Europe trip pictures for the very first time together; the trip was in 2002! We each are going to read through our journals (they haven't opened up their journals since the trip! I haven't looked at mine for 2 years probably). So a fun night.

I don't really have much for musings. Last week I turned back the clock and downloaded a bunch of 60's, 70's and 80's music and listened to some of my old favorites. Chicago, Boston, The Commodores, Cheap Trick, REO Speedwagon, the Beatles, Simon and Garfunkel, REM, The Police... not all of em are old, I know, but I had to get my fix of songs that aren't just about the beat and dance rhythm. Seems like now days when someone gets a good chorus, or a catchy tune or nice beat, they create a song that has one good aspect to it. The lyrics and creativity are lacking, too often.

Anyway, with Halloween and then my birthday on the 1st, the holiday season has officially kicked off. It's just a two-month long celebration for me, beginning with my birthday eve to New Year's. There are a lot of birthdays in my family to celebrate, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's... I just stay in the spirit, and I eat a lot more food than I typically do. So I better start hitting my indoor pool like I did last year. Though right now I'm on the injured list with a pulled left groin. I didn't know my groin could swell, but it did after I pulled it.

I'll end with that. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home