Wednesday, August 6, 2008

all work and no play..

Doesn't make this Jack a dull boy. I ended up working 11 hours today, and I have to/get to work 6 days again this week. It is a good thing, really, because it's extra money. It has cramped my social life a little bit and keeps me a little sore, but I'll deal with it. It can be hard to keep my attitude positive near the end of a long day after a succession of long days. It's something to work on. :)

I knicked my ankle today at work (had a piano smash into it while going up some stairs), am glad it didn't do more than a scratch and the slightest swelling. I jammed my finger three weeks ago playing basketball and it has stayed sore. But it has improved quite a bit. Oh, the same piano gave me a bump on the head. Before I showed up, it took one guy out with a collarbone injury. It was the heaviest piano I've had to move. Five of us took it up to the 2nd story. Not a fun task.

Lately, I've been done with my jobs between 2 and 4 p.m., and then have had to go help others finish their jobs. Such with the piano job today. What I may be happiest about this job is the improvement on my upper body strength. Anything to improve my health as I get older is a bonus. I don't get to play as much basketball these days. I might try running in next year's mini-marathon, a 13.1 mile run they hold every year in Indianapolis. It will challenge me to improve my cardio. I need a race, I think, to motivate me to get in that type of shape. Otherwise I probably wouldn't run/play soccer or basketball as much.

Oh, and I need to find a couple good books to read. I don't read enough. Actually, I don't read. So I need to start reading like I used to. And, I might apply for a job with the NCAA office in town. It's a challenging position but I'm pretty sure I would enjoy it.

1 Comments:

At August 9, 2008 at 7:59:00 AM PDT , Blogger Rachel Leverton said...

Hope you get over your bumps and bruises soon. Pianos are like Divas - they don't want you to forget them easily. Sounds like the one you had to move was a Kathleen Battle of a diva!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home