.08
I think .08 is the legal limit for alcohol in the bloodstream. But my .08 stands for the amount of an hour I was short of getting 60 for the last 5 days of work. I enjoy the job a lot, and time does go by fast.. a 10-hour day seems like a good day. An 8-hour day is short. I had an 8-hour route two days ago and stayed 3 more hours at the warehouse assembling furniture in the warehouse. It turned out I assembled pieces for one of the Indiana Pacers, the basketball team in town. Someone delivered those pieces to him today, it was more than a $10,000 order, pocket change for him.
So I've been very busy since going back to the furniture place. I got 38 hours the first 4 days as they went easy on me. But this week all of us were kept very busy, and we will be kept this busy for at least another 3 to 4 weeks as we catch up to orders. Which I don't mind the hours, but work did force me to miss my Bible study this week. I did get off in time to go to my 9 o'clock basketball game on Thursday. I sprained my ankle on my fourth day back at work, rolled it very badly on the edge of a sidewalk. It turned very purple for 3 days. It's still somewhat swollen, thankfully it didn't force me to miss work. God has been watching over me.
I have a full-time work partner! One of the other drivers left for another job last week, and I picked up his partner. So no more wondering who I'm working with each day; we work well together and he's willing to do whatever. And he can read a map, which any driver wants his helper to be able to do. I can't read a map and drive... safely.
I don't have anything else to write about, just work. Because that's all I've been doing lately. I do have plans to hang out with a few friends tomorrow night after work. Then on Sunday, Mark and I are going up to Grand Haven, Michigan, to enjoy the Great Lake. It should be a fun, relaxing 2-day trip!! I do like staying at home and resting on my 2 days off, but it's my last chance to join Mark on the Lake Michigan trip this summer. Then I can get back to a normal schedule next weekend, when I start a flag football league. Mmmmk, I'm done.

1 Comments:
Thanks for keeping us updated!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home