New friends, good times
Well, my flag football season ended abruptly in the first game of the playoffs. But I've made some new friends through the league, which is cool. And our sunday school class, my goodness, has grown in leaps and bounds lately, and I continue to meet new people every week.
I write this at midnight on Monday, after having watched the Colts game with a bunch of guys from class. I realized I haven't spent an evening at home since last Tuesday, so I think I've got a nice relaxing, restful night planned for tomorrow. And what's better is that I have Wednesday off too. So I can catch up on some alone time and get in reflection mode.
So my whirlwind week began last Wednesday with small group. I wasn't having a particularly good day and didn't feel like going out and about or seeing anyone that night, it was just one of those days. But I decided it was best that I still go to my Bible study, and afterward I was so glad I went. We had a great time as we began our study of II Peter; then we split up into groups to pray, and my group had an amazing time of sharing and lifting each other up. It was a great night of prayer and really getting to know each other's needs. One of my prayer requests was to find a 2nd job or additional income; and that prayer was immediately answered on Saturday, when I got a call asking if I could help someone move on my day off and get paid for it. Also, it looks like I'm going to start substituted teaching in a 2 weeks. Praise God!
On Thursday, I worked and was pretty tired. But I was persuaded to go out to the Jazz Kitchen, where it was salsa night. I watched others dance. There were definitely some good salsa-ers out there and then there were those who were simply having fun. I had fun watching and spending time with some friends who were on fall break from school.
On Friday, some guys in our class had a costume party. So I borrowed a costume and went as a hippie; 'rainbow' colored pants and a big fro. There were some great costumes, including Palin and McCain, a gumball machine (had balloons in a clear plastic bag), a rubix cube, Inspector Gadget, a fuzzy chicken (awesome suit), a monk and more. We had a great time.
On Saturday, we had a goodbye dinner for our friend Sarah, who is headed to Champaign to work with the DNR and the U of I as a research biologist. I believe I have all those details right. But anyway, she has been one of the leaders in our class and has made many friends in the class; so we showed up in mass and helped send her 2 hours away in the a good fashion.
Then Sunday, we held a time of singing as well as testimonies in class, and had a good morning. Then the sermon from Colossians pertained to men loving their wives and children obeying their parents. After church, I spent an hour talking to some old friends. Then I went to lunch to join my sunday school friends. I left after 2 hours; I guess the last group was there 2 hours longer! Can't get enough of each other it seems. I had to leave and play in that flag football game; then I went out to eat with a few of my teammates before heading to the gym for some basketball sunday night.
Tonight, we had a cookout and watched the Colts game. One of the guys mentioned he'd seen some of us for four straight nights. So he invited us to his Bible study tomorrow to make it five. :)
It's been great getting to know my Christian brothers and sisters, and helping each other in our Christian walks. And to realize I've made a home here in Indy. I miss my family back in Illinois and seeing everyone back there, but I know I'm where I should be right now.
I really meant for this to be a short post about the last week's activities, especially with it being past bedtime and all. I have some ponderings to post. Maybe on Wednesday, my day off, I will post some thoughts.

1 Comments:
Sounds busy, but satisfying. Thanks for keeping us updated!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home