Monday, September 22, 2008

football

So yesterday I had my first flag football game. I missed my team's first game due to being up in Michigan, then last week we had Hurricane Ike remnants sweeping through and canceling the game last week. Yesterday, I scored 3 early long touchdowns, and finished with 4 TDs and an interception. But we gave up late scores and lost. It was fun being out there.

Then I came home and watched the end of the Bears game. They gave up a 10-point or better lead for the second straight week and lost again in close fashion. That was annoying to watch.

I do much, much better about not watching football on Sundays or making it a priority or focus on Sundays. I used to breathe football every Sunday. It's still hard not to focus on it, being in a fantasy football league with my brothers, and picking NFL winners. Last year, I purposely didn't do the picks because I didn't want the distraction of caring about football too much. And this year, I didn't join any other fantasy league, limiting it just to the family one.

But being the sports nut I am, I can't help but pay attention. But it's my prayer that I don't let it replace God on Sundays or any other day.

1 Comments:

At September 22, 2008 at 3:18:00 PM PDT , Blogger Rachel Leverton said...

Oh please, pu-leeeease talk to your brother Andy about this, lol! Nothing exists on Sunday but football!!

ACK!

(Of course, it just makes it that much more fun when I beat him in the picks, hee hee. It kills him!)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home