Saturday, May 10, 2008

Post #31

Is this really my 31st post??? Wow, I feel like I never write.

So I'm going to be an uncle for the 13th time very soon. And then #14 ain't too far behind that. Crazy stuff, that is.

So I worked 12 hours today, and had 53 for the week. I love it when I get overtime. Hadn't happened for 6 weeks. I keep track of that sort of thing.

I'm very sore from my 5 long days of work, though. I need these two days off.

Nothing much to report, just figured I'd better write. Right?

Tomorrow I'm going to my roommate's parents' place with two pounds of Illinois' home-grown ground beef for a cookout to help celebrate mother's day. Wow, tomorrow's Sunday... the week just flew by. That's what happens when I'm working all week. Work and sleep. No basketball, minimal social activity.

Rode with 4 different guys this week at work; they've separated me and my regular teammate. He asked for more training so we are separated, maybe for good, I don't know. It was nice working with the same guy every day, but I also don't mind getting to know some of the other guys at work. I'm happy that I haven't had any accidents or driving issues.. one of the guys had a minor accident today. Makes me thankful I've been alright. People drive crazy around us big truck drivers.. think they have to get around us and cut us off and all that.

I'm hungry, must go find some supper.

2 Comments:

At May 11, 2008 at 10:24:00 AM PDT , Blogger Rachel Leverton said...

Hope you have a great weekend, Mike!

 
At May 15, 2008 at 6:22:00 PM PDT , Blogger JKJJL said...

Hope you had a good weekend and got some rest. Nice to get overtime though! Nice for the paycheck anyway. Hope you're having a good week Mike.
Kathy & Joe

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home