Time flies
Wow, it's half-past April. Tax Day has come and gone, and sometimes I'm still wondering where March went. It's nice having this warmer weather, it's almost time to enjoy it by walking 9 holes of golf. My roommate and I, since we live on a golf course, went out to our backyard and practiced the par 3 a couple nights ago, hitting some balls around. Did better than I thought I would. I need to buy a new putter though. I broke the other one at the end of last summer by using it multiple times as a driver.
I'm getting ready for a trip home today. First up is a stop at my brother Jason's, then tomorrow I'll be at the parents' place. I've been looking forward to being able to take this trip for about a month. When I take the trip back home, it often recharges me. Also, seeing my family, and realizing I'm missing my nephews and neices growing up, reminds me about the important things in life. It alters my perspective in a good way. I was contemplative a lot last week. There are circumstances I wish I could change, people I wish I could change. But I have to be patient and allow God to work in his time. There are co-workers that I talk to daily, and my road partner at work specifically, that are walking around with no purpose or direction in life. Their bitter attitude affects me, complaining about not enough hours, about the work, about the route, about the customers, etc. I'm fortunate that I'm naturally good-natured, but it's not hard to fall into that trap.
Anyway, my car is ready for my trip. I must go.

2 Comments:
Can't wait to see you on Friday, Mike! Hope you have a lovely time with Jason and Natalie!
Hey Mike,
Give us a call and let us know where you're going to be and when. Joe never tells me much after phone calls, so I don't know if you're coming up to see us, or if we're going over to your parents place and then we'll see you there.
Either way, looking forward to seeing you this weekend.
Kathy and Joe
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home