Sunday, April 27, 2008

Ponderings..

What is it that makes one of us different from another? One likes to be the center of attention while another avoids the limelight at all costs. Some like to appear to be cool, to be well-liked, while some don't care what people think. I work with a guy who spouts off whatevers going through his brain; he doesn't have much of a filter.

If I'm with people who don't know me well, I measure my words carefully. If I'm with a close friend, I'm more apt to lighten up and joke around constantly. Not that this is abnormal.. we're all more comfortable around people we know well.

I would rarely be accused of being the thinking type. I just act. But I've learned, at least socially, to plan ahead and schedule things rather than being a fly by the seat of my pants person. While I'm always up for doing something at the last minute, I've learned to appreciate setting a schedule.

My thoughts are all jumbled like this post. I think about one thing for a few minutes, then I'm way over there thinking about something else, then I come back to my original thought. What makes people tick and what makes us different?? I love observing people... walking down a sidewalk, sitting outside at a restaurant or walking through the mall. The mother with a stroller and two kids in it, a small group of students gathered at Starbucks, the guy being walked by his dog, the couple sitting on the bench at the park, oblivious to everything but each other. Each of these people has a story. Each also has a soul. They.. we.. are all searching for satisfaction somewhere..what gives it to them? Where does their joy stem from? What makes them smile, laugh, cry?

I love photography.. a picture is like story without words. I like candid photos, and I love taking pictures of nature. One trick to taking good pictures of people is making them forget that you have a camera. Sure, some people can hold their poses and do just a dandy job, but it's not quite like the natural look. Though then you will get that occasional fork in the mouth/mouth full of food or nose-picker photo. That's the beauty of working to get a good photo. With photography, you can capture life.

Life is good. It's fun to watch. I hope you're not missing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home