Thursday, April 10, 2008

yayy, a day off

I worked on one of my days off earlier this week, so I'm ready for today's scheduled day off. I think I'm gonna get tomorrow off too. I already have 44 hours for the week so I don't care either way. Overtime would be nice, or having a 2nd day to rest, especially because I have something to go to tomorrow night.

Well, I'm 50 percent of the way to my target weight (who new I was dieting??) Since I deal with high cholesterol (mostly hereditary), I like to watch what I eat. I've been holding back on pop and late night trips for fast food. Part by choice and partly because I fall asleep early now. But I've lost 17 pounds in 2+ months and have about as much I'd still like to lose. I got a haircut and chopped a lot of it off last week, that might have helped. :)

I've been back to playing basketball again. I'm used to working hard all day, and am forcing myself to play basketball even on days I work. I definitely try to rest on my days off. Sometimes I need the two days off to recover.

I think I'm gonna get to go back home next weekend. I wish I could get a Saturday off but its hard to, so I'll have to drive back after working on Saturday. I think because I drive about 150 to 200 miles every day I work, that this drive home won't seem as long. I don't get tired of all the driving either.. we're going to different places each day and the driving gets broken up by the 8 or 9 deliveries.

I hope to canoe soon, with the water levels being so high. Just need a little warmer weather. Though I know the water will still be cold, the sun will make it just fine for me.

Our new pastor finally comes this month, and I officially become a member of the church on the 27th this month.

Go Cubs.

2 Comments:

At April 10, 2008 at 10:06:00 AM PDT , Blogger Rachel Leverton said...

Which weekend are you coming home, Mike? We'd love to have you over for dinner! I'm going to be at Jason and Natalie's house this Saturday and Sunday, though, so if it's this weekend, I'll miss you (although Andy will still be in town.)

You should stop by Tom's place! Andy says it's the perfect bachelor pad, since there's a big screen TV set up. (I noticed he didn't mention things like: a refrigerator, a bed, a washing machine, etc.!)

 
At April 16, 2008 at 12:36:00 PM PDT , Blogger JKJJL said...

Hey cool you're going to be "member-ized."
I love how men take out pop and lose a bunch of weight. I mean, uh, congrats on losing the weight. : D
Hope to see you soon!
Kathy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home