My weekend
Since I work Tuesday through Saturday, Sundays are the first day of my weekend. But unlike those who have normal schedules and who typically get to sleep in on Saturdays if they so desire, I get up early on Sundays for church. Actually, I get up about 3 hours later than I do if I were working, but it's still before 9.
So by the time Sunday afternoon/night comes around, I'm not yet rested up. Well, today after going to church and eating with my peeps at Pizza Hut, I took a 3-hour nap before playing my customary Sunday evening basketball. So I feel much better tonight. Our church had its annual spring 'Cantata' today. The theme of the song service was John 3:16. It was very uplifting and refreshing, something I needed after another long week of work. I had 57 hours after a 53-hour week. Each night when I got off work, I felt like doing next to nothing. I did go out Thursday and Friday. Thursday night I went to a pizza joint to help celebrate a friend's birthday. Then I hung out with some folks on Friday.
Which was a mistake, because I slept in past 5:30 Saturday and was late to work. So I'm trying to balance things but when I work that much it's hard to do much else but work. I'm not happy with the management there and how they treat us drivers. They expect so much out of us. Then when some of us come in and help on our scheduled days off, it's like they expected us to anyway. We do them favors but don't see any in return. So we get disgruntled.
But the time of worship this morning reminded me of what Jesus did for us, we underserving lot. And for that I can be thankful.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home