Grand Haven vacay!!
Ahhh, what a refreshing weekend!! Though for me, every day is like a weekend day right now.. But on Sunday, my roommate Mark and two other friends went up to Grand Haven, Michigan, which is right along Lake Michigan near Holland. I went up there once last year and loved it. It's got a long pier with a lighthouse at the end, and some neat little shops in the downtown area.
It was a great escape from normal life, sitting on the beach, kicking around the soccer ball, throwing the football around both on the beach and in the water, which was rumored to be around 52 degrees. It was very chilly, but it didn't keep us from getting in it. We even went down the beach begging others to run and dive in with us. We got a few other crazy souls to run and jump in. Then later we did a buoy run past the buoys that marked where the water started to get deep... I stayed in a little longer and swam past the buoys; the sun was shining and warmed me as soon as I got back in the shallow water. I had been craving a good gyro for about a month, and lo and behold we found a shack that had good gyros. And let's see, we got a lot of sun and had a ton of fun. We settled any arguments with paper, scissors, rock... though the game got a little out of hand when the guys started arguments over the smallest of things.. such as "I'm thirsty." They would get challenged, and if they lost they had to say, "I guess I'm not thirsty at all." ***sigh*** Kids. It was fun though, and enjoyable driving with the top down in the mustang.
Then on Tuesday night, a group of us met at Abuelos to say goodbye to our friend Dayna. I mean, we said good luck, it was not a goodbye. She is moving to Ann Arbor to start her residency, she just finished med school and is officially a doctor! Yayy. I met some of her really cool friends, which included two sisters from Albania. I love talking to people from other countries; it reminds me of the time I spent in Europe.
Then on Thursday, I'm saying goodbye to my dear friend Claire, who is going over to New Zealand for at least three years on a missions' trip. We shall miss her. Thursday night's gathering should have a LOT of people because she's such an awesome person. She will be missed. People are talking about making the flight to Kiwi Land to visit her. That would be an expensive trip!! But who doesn't want to go see New Zealand?? Or visit Claire??
And Friday, I'm going to a minor league baseball game in town with a big group of friends from church. Always a fun thing to do. So I've got a busy social schedule this week, which is a good thing. I love always being on the go. Oh, and more important, I have a job interview with a moving company on Friday.
And who knows what is going on Saturday, I'll just wing it. And tonight, I will probably bike down the Monon Trail, which runs from here in Carmel to downtown and beyond. I probably won't bike that far down though. And tomorrow morning I get to wake up at 5:45 and play basketball with guys from church. Suuuuweeet!!
I think I'll go find a pic from my trip and post it.

1 Comments:
Good luck with your job interview!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home