Monday, May 4, 2009

May I?

I can't believe it's May already. The year is more than 33% done. I don't really know what I'm going to write about. So I'll likely just ramble.

I started playing Catan online again. I've played it 2 days in the last week. I played a couple games of online spades too.

We lost our second straight flag football game in narrow fashion. Lost 49-48 on a two-point conversion by the other team on their last drive. Lost 48-42 yesterday, we were missing two of our top players. But both games were fun, although yesterday I strained my left quadricep. It will be tender for much of the week I would imagine. And last week I jammed my left thumb... its base is still blue/black from the deep bruise; it's just now starting to feel a little better; I couldn't grip anything for 2 or 3 days after I hurt it.

I met Amanda's dad and step-mom last Thursday. We had a great time and it went well. This weekend I'm going up to Fort Wayne and meeting her mom and grandparents up there. Amanda came and watched the football game last week. Oh, and yesterday while riding with her near the Butler University campus, a bird pooped on my arm through the halfway open window. Three drops hit the windshield and one air strike came through the cracked window and onto my arm. Amanda captured photo evidence. Then after going back to her place, we had dinner with a married couple she knows.

Our sunday school 'lesson' was great yesterday; Caleb talked about what our treasure is, pointing out that nothing (family, possessions, fame, etc.) should take priority over God. We shouldn't love anything more than we love God. Reminds me of the Caedmon's Call song.. "you've created nothing that gives me more pleasure than you."

I love having Mondays off work. I've been sleeping in until about 11 the last two Mondays. But I would much rather have a normal Saturday-Sunday off like most of the world. But Mondays are okay.

2 Comments:

At May 8, 2009 at 11:25:00 AM PDT , Blogger Rachel Leverton said...

Good to hear from you, Mike!

 
At May 8, 2009 at 6:44:00 PM PDT , Blogger JKJJL said...

hi mike
Glad to "meet" your girlfriend. She sounds like a great person. Am praying that God blesses your relationship.
Things here are good. Other than Jos and Jake both had the flu.
I'm tearing into the boys room (plaster, lathe, drywall) Brother Tom and a kid from my youth group came and helped for free. It was very gracious of them.
Hopefully, you can come up May 16...
Joe

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home