Friday, February 20, 2009

Valentines weekend

So I neglected to mention much about Valentines weekend.

Well, it was a great weekend. On Friday night after work, I helped serve at a Valentines Banquet for widows in our church community. We escorted them to their seats, served them dinner, had a skit, sang some songs, escorted them to their cars. They loved the attention, and we enjoyed their company and had a great time at the banquet. We had about 15 people serving/helping out with the night. Then afterward, I went to Zionsville and played basketball until midnight. That wasn't the highlight of the night, the banquet was. :)

I worked again on Saturday, then came an event I planned for the Sunday school class: Valentines Day dinner at steak and shake, and bowling afterward. About 20 people dined together, and nearly 30 gathered to bowl. We had a grand time. One of the guys must have felt the need to entertain, and bowled some very unique styles. Like, the granny shots and football hike and between the legs. Then there was the even more unconventional dive head first and throw while falling forward (he was quite impressive at that one). Then I got in on the action (his idea); I squatted down, let him sit on my shoulders, and I walked down the lane, and he bowled. A gutterball. All part of the show.

Notice: No mention of a date anywhere in there. I'm just fine with that. I'll share news when there's news to report. :)

I don't remember if I mentioned Guitar Hero with my last note. But I'm becoming an expert at it, and will try to give my younger brothers a run for their money the next time I come home. I already know I can't beat Matthew. But if I can be better than just one of them....

:)

2 Comments:

At February 21, 2009 at 9:57:00 AM PST , Blogger Rachel Leverton said...

Guitar Hero is addicting, isn't it? I got to play it once or twice at my parent's house, and it's a lot of fun (although harder for me because I don't know any of the rock songs. Now if they had opera . . .)

 
At February 25, 2009 at 11:30:00 AM PST , Blogger JKJJL said...

Hey Mike...
Be careful playing to much ball... I'm pretty sure I tore my ACL last night... Heard a LOUD pop and I went down.
I think I would dominate handbell hero.

Joe

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home