Monday, December 22, 2008

I found my favorite Bible

Yayyy, it was under my golf clubs in the back of my car... I swear I had looked back there before.

So, God knows better about what we need than we do. I had hoped to go home this weekend, but ice and snowstorms deterred my plans to travel. The deciding factor Friday morning as I was trying to decide whether or not I should go (there were talks of shutting down I-65, and the state of Illinois was advising folks not to travel), my supervisor called and asked if I wanted to come in and get some overtime. So I did the safe thing and decided not to travel, but to instead stay here for the weekend.

The day of work went great, and I worked with another driver, which meant I didn't have to have the responsibility of driving the truck all day long. Plus, I enjoy working with Josh, so it was a good day. It went so well that on Saturday I mentioned I was enjoying my 4-day weekend, then after I talked about working Friday someone called me out saying they thought I had a 4-day weekend. Well, I was supposed to, and it still felt like 4 days. :)

After work on Friday, I talked to my favorite lady friend (whom I am officially not dating, curious folks back home). Then I took a nap before going and playing basketball. I didn't sleep to well that night, thinking I might get another call to go into work. So I woke up before six on Saturday waiting, kind-of hoping to get that call. But it didn't come and I slept in til 7 or 8. I was still very happy about a 3-day weekend. After an uneventful morning/afternoon, I went to my sunday school group's Christmas party. It was good.

Then on Sunday, I went to church, and went out to eat with my sunday school group before we headed out to sing Christmas carols at 2 nursing homes and 2 houses. It was such a blessing, I was glad to get the opportunity to carol, something I'm used to doing every year. Then we hung out at Starbucks for an hour afterward before heading back to church for a prayer service. The service was exactly what I needed, as we split into small groups and prayed for each other. Afterward, I went to a friend's house, a guy who is in my Bible study, and we talked and prayed for another hour. It was such a blessing.

So, I was very blessed this weekend here in Indy. I do miss everyone back home and hope to see them in two weeks when I (plan to) travel back there. But God knew what I needed this weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home