More to come
Well, hi.
Just a quick note, that will probably turn into a longer note. So, not so quick. :-)
Whirlwind week. Christmas. Rain, snow, sleet, freezing rain, rain, 65 degrees, more rain, more cold, then 50 degrees and sunny today. Maybe even a bit warmer.
But I'll start with last week. Tuesday I worked a really long day of work, and we had freezing rain, which slowed my return back to the shop as I drove the truck back from my route. But it was a pretty good day of work. Since my normal work partner was off for a week, I worked with a few other guys. The change of pace was nice, but it was also nice to get Jerry back later in the week.
After work, I went to Wal-Mart to purchase some lip gloss. Apparently, teenage girls like the stuff, and in a Christmas gift exchange I drew her name. I was told if I didn't feel awkward, that she would likely appreciate lip gloss. So I ventured over to the 'beauty' section in Wal-Mart, and perused the aisles. Hmmm, couldn't find a variety pack. So I asked a couple girls for some help. They couldn't find a variety pack either. So I asked a nurse, quickly explaining why I was looking for lip gloss. She told me to buy a gift set. Yeah, how about no. That was cheesy, besides, all they had were High School Musical and Hannah Montana gift sets. So through some text messages to a mutual friend of said girl, and through some advice from some of the friendly shoppers of Wal-Mart, I went with a double pack of some lip gloss with Crest, and two other lighter shades, including a 'see-through' color.
What a shopping adventure. It was a little exhausting because I tried to make sure to get colors she would like. And it was somewhat fun, I understand a little bit why girls like shopping so much... I never knew there were that many colors of red and pink!!
So Wednesday, Christmas Eve, I worked a short day, then a bunch of us co-workers went out to eat and followed that up by shooting pool for a hour or so. It was nice to hang out with them outside of work. Good times. Then I went home and took a nap before heading to the Christmas gift exchange. It was nice of them to invite me over since I wasn't going to make it home. :-) And thankfully, my gift was well-appreciated; she had heard that I spent a lot of effort on picking out the gift and that the effort alone was worth appreciation. But I believe she genuinely liked it; she talked to her mom about the Crest lip gloss, saying 'this is the kind I was telling you about.' Sweet.
Oh, the chili was great at the Wednesday party. Then when I got home, my roommate told me that his parents said I could come over for Christmas dinner if I wanted. I had tentative plans to meet up with some friends, but I doubted they were actually going to get back with me. So I said probably. And when my friends never got back to me, I heartily enjoyed the ham dinner and time with his family.
Friday, I worked a long day but it went well. Then on Saturday, I had to drive to French Lick for work, which is the hometown of basketball legend Larry Bird. I actually switched my route with another driver, allowing them to take the shorter route. I didn't care how long I drove. It almost ended up costing me my Saturday night. But only because my work partner and I made a mistake and forgot a small piece from that stop. Meaning... we would have to drive back to French Lick to give them their final piece. (We delivered the stuff to a storage building and not inside a home, so we kept things wrapped. Still a dumb mistake. But an honest, dumb mistake.) Thankfully, we only had to drive about 2 hours extra instead of 4. The customer said we could drop it off at his parents' place, which was much much closer. So that was cool. Then Saturday night, I watched the movie "curious case of benjamin button," which seemed very long but was worth the viewing.
On Sunday, I had to make announcements and introduce the 'speaker' at sunday school. I also shared some Scripture and a song that is currently playing on the radio, contrasting worldly philosophy with Biblical philosophy. Then the sermon about finances, then a long afternoon-long nap, then went to the Pacers game Sunday night, which they lost in the final seconds. But was entertaining.
Rented a movie today, watched it, had lunch with Ian S., did some necessary shopping, played a little Catan online, read through the first half of Proverbs, and now here I sit. My plans for the evening include returning the movie, running and doing some exercise biking, maybe a little swimming, then back home and read the last half of proverbs.
I have tomorrow off too.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home