Pain
I had a rough couple of days, and this is supposed to be a relaxing 4-day weekend. I was scheduled off work on Friday, but they asked if I could come in and help out, totally my choice, and I went in to get some overtime. Well, halfway through the day I started getting a migraine, by far the worst headache I've ever had. I almost called and asked for someone to finish my route. I have a wisdom tooth that is going to need to be pulled; it's causing frequent headaches.
Then on Saturday, I nearly got a black eye playing basketball. The incident also forced me to bite through my lip. And my ankle has been a bit tweaked lately. But that didn't stop me from playing some frisbee for an hour yesterday, then playing basketball again last night. My ankle is a bit sore today, but I wisely did not go and play basketball again this morning like I typically do on Mondays.
I need rest. I rarely stop and give myself the opportunity to sit. And do nothing. I'm too active and restless to sit still. I'll likely look for some part-time work, do a LOT of cleaning, call a friend or three, and I have a 7 p.m. social planning committee meeting for my sunday school class. We are planning a night of praise and worship, which is to include singing, testimonies, prayer, perhaps a skit.
This Saturday, I plan to go rock climbing with the sunday school group. It looks like we'll have about 20 climbers. Should be fun. I work Tuesday through Saturday, so we'll see how the week treats me.
I helped out in our church nursery yesterday, working with 18 months to 3 years. Something like that. They are dubbed the Walkers and Talkers. A fun group. We had a blast; I made two good little friends, A.J. and Kitty. Each of them knows where their ears are, and their nose, the sound a sheep makes, and the color blue.

2 Comments:
Um, didn't you just say you needed rest?
SIT! SIT!
A good way to rest is to read a good book. I recommend books about Joe Montana.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home