Is this thing turned on?
Ok, so I'm stepping up to the mic again. I've probably spent too much time on facebook or something, keeping me from blogging. But here I go again.
New Years was good, spent it with my Sunday school group. Our church began a prayer week with 24 hours of prayer; people signed up for time slots, filling all of them in a 24-hour period, and prayed in the New Year. About 30 of us went to the 1 a.m. to 2 a.m. time slot.
We had some major snow storms in January. Ok, maybe just one. And we had -11 or so for a low one day. But we had a lot of snow. Then came February, and the Super Bowl party with the Sunday school class. We filled up a house, watched the game in four different rooms with televisions. I felt like I was party-hopping, going from room to room. Fun.
I went on a ski trip 2 weekends ago with 10 people from church. We went up to Michigan, but it was 50 degrees on the day we skiied! It actually didn't slush things up much. But it felt nice going down the slopes. The snow was packed down enough that it didn't melt much. We spent two nights up there. Between hanging out together and the car rides, we got to know each other quite a bit more. And despite a few "funny" falls and wipeouts, we escaped pretty much injury-free.
I'm making it a point to play basketball more, lately. I fell in a rut where I was playing maybe once every two weeks. I've played 4 times in the last 7 days. That's quite enough. Got to get back into basketball, it's the only running I do. Twice a week is a good target.
That's life. Last night, my small group met for dinner. After the delightful meal, we played telephone pictionary, which reinforced the fact that I can't draw well. The concepts might be there, but the drawings, not so good.
That's all for now.

1 Comments:
Good to see you're back!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home