It's December
We've gotten our first snow here. And it's melting away. I think it's supposed to snow a little again tonight, but as wet as it is I doubt it will stick a whole lot. I just hope it doesn't create icy roads. But winter, while not 'officially' here yet, has arrived. And with it comes the sniffles, sneezing, sore throats, and of course the not wanting to get out of bed or the shower due to the cold. But I can live with that. I endure through the heat in the summer and the cold in the winter, each has its poison in my mind. That's why I like fall, it has a little of both, the cool nights and the comfortable days.
We're nearing the end of a calendar year. Wow, can't believe another year is almost gone. It's been a crazy year. I'm appreciative of the growth at church and the new friends made, the struggles and working through them, such as job loss. The tests make you stronger, make you depend more on God, and give you a different perspective and attitude.
My last 'test' I'm forcing upon myself is dropping the final pounds to get under 200. When I focus on eating better and making sure I get extra exercise, I do very well. I'm thankful for the physically intensive job I have, and for the health God has given me in enabling me to continue the hard work. That said, this time of year doesn't lend itself to healthy habits, so it's a lot of extra work. :-)
But I truly can't believe Thanksgiving has passed, and Christmas and New Year's are knocking on the door.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home