The Pacers
Wow, I went to a Pacers game last night with about 9 friends from church; we had free tickets through church, and sat way up in the nosebleed section. We got to watch the Lakers, who currently are the best team in the NBA. And with them comes Kobe Bryant, one of the top two players in the league. Man, he gets away with a lot of pushing on offense...
But for the first time in a long time at a sporting event, I focused more on talking than on watching the game. That's a big step for me.
As the game neared the end of the third quarter, I believe the Lakers scored 17 straight points or 15 out of 17 points to take a big lead heading into the final quarter. Those of us still left at the game debated leaving early and beating the crowd. But we stayed. And we were treated to a great comeback. The Pacers slowly chipped away at the lead, and they tipped in the final basket as the last second ticked off the clock, with the ball bouncing what seemed for 15 seconds on the rim before it decided to fall through the net. The place erupted as the game-winning shot was scored and the horn simultaneously sounded. It is definitely one of the best sports moments I've witnessed while at a game.
I had a day off today, which was nice. I've had more days off (all part of the regular schedule + Thanksgiving) than days working the last 10 days. So it's been nice to catch up on rest and relaxation. And cleaning. Bleh, still have a ways to go with the cleaning.
And tonight I have my Bible study. Our leaders are stepping down after Christmas, and they will be missed in our group. But that provides me and two other guys to step up and lead. I'm looking forward to the opportunity and the challenge. We'll rotate with leading the study. I love the group, and the good friendships we have. Tomorrow, I think 6 or 7 of us will be watching the newest Office episode together. Fun times. Then on Friday night, the guys in the sunday school class will be having a game night. So I have that to look forward to. I like when I can do things with friends and not have to spend money. :-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home