Summer
So here's what I've been up to this summer: work, more work and some soccer. This 4th of July weekend was a good one, I got Friday through Monday off. On the fourth, I joined my sunday school class at a park for a cookout. We played a little frisbee and "hacky-sack" with a soccer ball; had a lot of fun. Then we went downtown and watched the fireworks. Then on Saturday I spent a relaxing day at my apartment, after sleeping in. And on Sunday I had my normal church activities and rented a movie and stayed home. And today I get to finish cleaning up the place as well as my car (that's a continual chore that I never seem to get around to actually finishing). I may go play ultimate frisbee tonight with some friends. I keep getting invitations but haven't yet participated.
I haven't played basketball for about a month, but Mark and I have been kicking the soccer ball around 2 or 3 nights a week. And last week I worked more than 40 hours in the 4 days of work, so the long days of work have returned. Which I'm happy because I like the hours, but it leaves me with little energy to do anything after work. I'm actively looking for a different job due to the people I work with... I can find a job that's less strenuous on my body that pays as well. Plus, today I thought I was actually supposed to work and went in, but I wasn't scheduled. Some guys have only been getting 30 hours a week and I can't accept that if it happens to me. Soooo, I'll keep job hunting while continuing to do as good a job as possible at my current place of employment.

2 Comments:
Any thoughts about going back into journalism?
yes but i'm picky as to what I'll do in the writing field, I don't want to be on salary and have no life because I'm their slave. I've kept my eyes open concerning writing jobs ever since I've moved..
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home