Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A new job!

It's official! After 8 days of trying to wait patiently to hear back from them, I got a call back for a 3rd and final interview. Unless I said something really stupid during the final interview, I was already hired going into it. I now have a delivery job with a furniture store, working, in my opinion, great hours. I start every morning at 6 a.m. and get off sometime after 3 p.m. I'm the kind-of person who thrives with overtime (most of the time), so I welcome longer days. So I have my nights free still to play basketball, go to my small group, etc. The only downer is I work Saturdays, but I'll get Sundays and Mondays off. Soon, we may go to 4-day work weeks...

Eventually I'll go back into writing for newspaper, or do it on the side once I get in the regular swing of things at my new job. But I'm happy with where I'm at right now.

1 Comments:

At February 27, 2008 at 6:21:00 AM PST , Blogger Rachel Leverton said...

Congrats on your new job, Mike! When are you coming down to visit? Let me know, and we'd love to have you over for dinner!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home