Weekend
I had a good weekend. It started with a friendly poker game Friday night. We had some pizza, and I got to know one of the guys I play basketball with a little better. I met his wife and four kids. I got to play with a power ranger and some action figures I'm unsure who/what they were. :)
Then on Saturday, I got up early to help my buddy Collin paint his house. His brother, his bro's wife, and I all painted. It was good to hang with the brothers again for a day. I still have a little green in my fingernails. After painting, I rushed home, then to church for a prayer service. The biggest mistake I almost made this weekend was not going to that prayer service. I barely had time to change from painting before I headed right back out.
The prayer service was amazing; it was led by our lead pastor candidate. Rather than describing the night, I'll just say I was moved by the night's experience. I was able to strengthen a friendship I have with one of our elders, and we all had a great time in prayer. After the service, about a dozen from my sunday school group went out to eat and enjoyed each other's company. That was a full day.
After a good night's rest, I got up Sunday morning for sunday school and church. I gave my testimony and shared a few scriptures with the group. We just got done going through the Sermon on the Mount, and we had a time of reflection this morning. I shared an anecdote about painting, and related it to my heart. Like I alluded to earlier, paint kind-of gets everywhere. I still had a little on my leg that didn't wash out right away. But, since I covered my legs with pants, no one could tell. So it is with our hearts. Sometimes we try to cover up sin by doing good... others see you doing good and praise you for it, but inside you are holding onto some sin. One day, God will judge us for all of our actions, and our true motives will be addressed. What blessings we miss out by our disobedience, pride and self-righteousness!
Then on Sunday night, I went and played basketball at a church I hadn't played at for awhile. It was good to get some exercise. Monday night, we have our second church league game. Last week, we lost to the defending champions, but it was a close game. Two of our guys didn't have their best games, and one said it was his worst game he can remember. So as long as he doesn't repeat that, we're in good shape. We play two games, so I'll be a tired pup. But I'll enjoy it. Especially if we win both.

1 Comments:
Hi Mike! Glad you had such a good weekend, and it's really nice to hear you write about what's going on with your spiritual life. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home