Going for 3??
Busy blog day for me. Two updates: I didn't get the job I was hoping for, and my new basketball season begins on Monday. If you don't care about my basketball exploits, then don't bother reading on. :)
This is my second time competing in this league... last year, I joined my church's basketball league a couple games into the season. It was the first basketball experience I had here in Indiana. We finished tied for 3rd, which seems like a typical finish for my league teams.
But, for the first time, Mark and I put our own team together rather than joining someone else's team. No, we didn't get Lebron James or Kobe Bryant, but we pieced together a good roster. As always, we wish we could have grabbed a taller player or two, but we should be one of the highest scoring teams. We've got a great point guard, a great shooter and a guy who played college ball. I'm not one of those 3. I'll have to rebound and guard the taller guys under the basket. Sometimes, my leaping ability is a curse. If we lose our first game, maybe Mark and I should be fired... unless we go up against the defending champs. Then we get a pass if we lose.
There. That's my basketball blog for the day. A little more than 3 hours from now is when I'll next be standing on the court. I'd better go start my pregrame routine.

1 Comments:
Hmmm, you need taller players? I'd volunteer, but . . . .
Good luck! Hope you win!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home