Sunday, February 24, 2008

blah blah blog

I really don't know what I'm going to type today, I simply noticed I hadn't written anything for a few weeks.

I've been renting a lot of $1 movies lately. The most recent ones... American Gangster, The Brave One, 3:10 to Yuma. Can't beat that entertainment for a buck. Though I sometimes feel that we christians allow too much of the world and the world's way of thinking into our brains.

Sometimes I don't think it's such a good idea to see these movies, most made without a hint of morality or of Christian ideals. Other times, I like to see how the characters are portrayed in the movie... you can relate to a lot of things that happen in movies. You get to see a glimpse of life. So I think there is some value in watching them. But I'll continue to straddle the fence on this one.

For me, the big thing is whether or not I let what enters my mind change who I am. Does it hinder my walk with Christ? Does it help my walk? Does everything I do have to help my walk?

Alright, what else can I write about... Looks like I'm about to start a new job; I have one more interview and a physical to go. My basketball team has two wins and two losses in the church league; we play the top team Monday night. Last week, I scored my best total in a league game, with 22. It was a fun game although we lost; I got to play against people from the team I was on last year. I think it was our first game without any arguments or complaining about refs. We're a bunch of babies sometimes when we get called for fouls. :)

I had a good Sunday, with one of the highlights being lunch with a dozen peeps from my sunday school group. We had a grand time sipping sweet tea and swapping yarns. I sat across the table from the green-sweatered girl. That's an inside joke only we 13 and the waiter know. But you can laugh at it too. Or not.

I must go watch another movie. ;)

3 Comments:

At February 25, 2008 at 8:10:00 AM PST , Blogger Rachel Leverton said...

"Happy Birthday, Mike. Happy Valentine's Day. I like to play games. Bye."

~ Peter

 
At February 25, 2008 at 8:12:00 AM PST , Blogger Rachel Leverton said...

Hey Mike! Glad you like sweet tea. At least there's one Leverton with taste, ha ha! (Well, at least two, as Andy likes sweet tea also.)

What job are you close to getting? I hope it works out for you!

Oh, while I was reading your post, the kids (who are climbing all over me as I'm trying to type this) were saying excitedly, "Is that Mike? Hi Mike! What's Mike doing?"

 
At February 25, 2008 at 10:16:00 AM PST , Blogger Erika said...

I also love sweet tea! Even though I'm fron the south I really didn't acquire a taste for it until I was an adult. :)

I totally agree about the movies. I go back and forth with the same idea all the time. I agree it's good to see a glimpse into what could be the lives of others...just to know what happens in the world. I know it's fiction, too, though, but somebody had to think it....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home